What is Air Suvidha?
The Indian Air Suvidha Self-Declaration Form is a digital health and travel document that is currently required from all travelers who wish to enter India amid the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic. The Indian authorities introduced the Air Suvidha to ensure the safety of travelers and Indian citizens.
Travelers completing the Indian self-declaration form need to provide the essential information, including personal details, contact information, travel-related details, some health information, as well as travel history comprising the last 14 days before the planned trip to India. These details help monitor the persons entering India and take appropriate measures to stop the further spread of Covid-19.
There is no specific time when the Air Suvidha Self-Declaration should be completed. Nevertheless, the application should be submitted no later than 72 hours before the intended arrival time in India or as soon as you have at hand all the details necessary to complete the online declaration form.
The Air Suvidha can be completed via the Internet, while its confirmation is delivered to the applicant’s email inbox in PDF format.
Do I Need an Air Suvidha?
After the nearly 2-year travel ban, India has reopened the country’s border and welcomed international tourists again. Travelers, however, still must meet some entry requirements, one of which is the necessity to complete the self-declaration form before the trip.
Anyone who plans soon to visit India must remember to complete the Air Suvidha Self-Declaration and have it ready to show during the border control. Those who are unable to present the confirmation of the Air Suvidha may be denied entry to India.
Every traveler needs to have a separate self-declaration form, no matter their age, nationality, or vaccination status. It is possible to submit a group declaration form. Moreover, parents or guardians must complete the Air Suvidha declarations on behalf of any child traveling to India.
Generally, no one is exempt from submitting the declaration to travel to India, including passengers who only plan to transit through the country.
Air Suvidha Requirements
- valid passport
- certificate of vaccination or a negative Covid-19 PCR test
- an active and frequently used email address
- a stable Internet connection
- a valid means of online payment method (e.g., credit/debit card, PayPal, etc.)
- any working device (laptop/PC/phone/tablet)
India Air Suvidha – Application Instruction
The application for the Indian Air Suvidha is to be completed entirely online. Every applicant must go through the following steps:
- Carefully provide the required details in the online form.
- Attach the necessary supporting documents, including a valid passport copy and vaccination proof or negative PCR test report (taken within 72 hours before arrival in India).
- Cover the processing fee charged for professional assistance throughout your entire application.
- Go to your email inbox and download the confirmation of your Indian Air Suvidha delivered in a PDF format.
Please note: Double-check all the data provided before submitting it further. This way, you can avoid unnecessary delays in processing your Air Suvidha Self-Declaration Form application!
Once you receive the confirmation of your Air Suvidha, you should print it out and take its physical copy for your Indan trip!
Information necessary to complete the Air Suvidha online application form
- Personal data – standard personal details, including name, surname, gender, nationality, birth date
- Contact information – telephone number and email address
- Flight details – flight no., seat no., departure airport, country, and city of departure
- Travel details – PNR no., arrival date, Indian address of the planned stay (house no., street, city, tehsil, state, postcode, etc.)
- Travel history – all the countries a traveler visited within the last 14 days
- Health details – yes/no questions related to the Covid-alike symptoms, including fever/respiratory disorders/cough, etc.
Covid-19 restrictions in India
Since February 2022, fully vaccinated travelers to India no longer need to be tested before departure. What is more, all travelers, including non-vaccinated against Covid-19, are exempt from on-arrival testing and a 7-day quarantine which were previously mandatory.
Non-fully-vaccinated arrivals must still take a PCR test within 72 hours from the planned arrival in India. The negative test report must be uploaded via the Air Suvidha form.
Children younger than 5 are exempt from Covid-19 testing but still need to have the completed Air Suvidha Self-Declaration Form by their parents or guardians.
Currently, all international passengers arriving in India need to check on their health for 14 days after arrival in India. Moreover, they should be prepared for health and thermal screening upon entry to the country.